A day in the life with Samsung Knox: Perspective of an investment banker

11:55 AM
A day in the life with Samsung Knox: Perspective of an investment banker -

Hello! Jamie Barnett here, reformed investment banker. I left the company several years ago, but still remember what it's like to be constantly on the go. Travelling light was critical. I remember getting on Sunday redeye to New York, wearing the costume of this week with two extra shirts and my toothbrush back in my laptop bag, my other report on a box of paper related M & A pitch -books. I could not check bags because I could not afford to wait for them at baggage claim, much less have delayed. These were days the bad ol 'before smartphones and tablets! I was almost beginning smartphone - equipped brick of a first version of WAP that I could not do much with -. And a godawful laptop that weighed about a thousand pounds, not including the extra battery I lugged around just in case

I do not yearn for the days!

If I know what device makers have been hatched over the world ... like what Samsung has done with its Knox project. I must say that I fell in love Samsung of late. When they came out with SAFE last year, I am delighted the entire API and could not wait to play with many applications and access controls. Now, Samsung has built out its mobile leadership with Knox, a initiative around secure remote access for its mobile devices. Here is my life re-imagined as a result of Samsung Knox combined with Citrix XenMobile TM , and all the cool mobile ness makes it for me!

I board the plane for 16 hours at JFK head, avoiding the redeye. Why? Because I saved all printing time M & A pitch-books. The land - I will give to a potential new customer - is tucked safely away in my corporate file system, a super-cool function activated by Knox. It is ready to be shared at the presentation format of my new Samsung tablet - a device that I have - when I arrived on the scene tomorrow morning. Of course, I can now pack appropriate clothing for the week in my hand luggage, plus a pair of super-cute shoes ... and travel in a comfortable sweatsuit.

My flight is productive, of course, because I can make final changes to the presentations that I have to give, the more work on my pro-forma models for two other offers I work. These spreadsheets are automatically synchronized to a secure container on my tablet using Samsung Knox and I can access it safely, even when I am offline.

When I get to my office in downtown Manhattan, I can easily get over WiFi because I've been provisioned access in the device pre-configuration process with XenMobile. It's easy and I do not have to remember a password (and thank you God, because my brain is already full enough with stuff to remember!). Of course, I can get secure access to my email from anywhere, thanks to Knox. In fact, when I accidentally fat finger an email with a sensitive attachment, Knox keeps me from transmitting the M & A doc outside the company. And of course, I can quickly and easily connect to Web doc repository of my device, enabled by Citrix @WorkWeb and made even more impressive by Citrix NetScaler my organization. I do not have to start a VPN on my device (thank you God, because it not fun) because I am through Citrix fresh Micro VPN technology. An application, VPN a specific application, hurray!

When the time comes for me to give my land to potential M & A client, I can easily set up last because Knox allows me to access my file system safely. Hooray! I'm doing a fabulous job, of course, because I am able to include news of the industry last minute to the last minute that makes my presentation especially in real time (and makes me look better than other i-banker juices that are pitching the client). Of course, I can also set up other documents for the customer to my beautiful data sharing application, Citrix ShareFile ™, that makes all the research I have collected available at my fingertips. I am able to share some nice looking pieces with my client with just a few clicks.

After learning that the customer chooses my i-bank with my clever presentation, I learned that I get a big promotion (largely to the fact that I'm super efficient while protect sensitive data my company and customers!). Because my new management responsibilities require that I get access to a new set of applications, the change in Microsoft Active Directory automatically once an update device configuration from day to XenMobile, pushing these new applications to automatically me over-the-air. Voila, I have not even lifted my office and I am already enabled with a new series of mobile applications!

But alas, despite the victory of the customers and promoting cool, I decided that the banker's life is not for me. I decided to leave the bank and actually get more than four hours of sleep a night! And I take my tablet with me because, after all, he is mine . The bank is fine with that, because they can remove their data - all these great ideas pitch and M & A spreadsheets - using XenMobile and access all these great Knox API. The bank may keep his ideas and sensitive data of customers safe and secure, and let me move on to greener pastures. Nice!

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar