From My Virtual Desktop: LSOF

1:32 PM
From My Virtual Desktop: LSOF -

echo

Another rapid development? "Hello everybody!". Always have the desire to see a list of open files and what is the use of

From the XenServer console, run :?

yum install - = enablerepo lsof base

(Please note that enablerepo = base is preceded by two hyphens, not a)

This will install the ever helpful ... lsof tool. For example, let's just say that the OS reports that "test.txt" is used by another program. I run the following command from the XenServer command line to base this process is "holding" on TEST.TXT:

lsof | grep test

vi 40 root 3u REG 8,1 12288 376 849 /root/test.txt

So I can see that someone - root - use vi (process ID is 40 ) to change test.txt! Depending on the context of the situation that I can take appropriate measures ...

And this is my virtual office for you.

-jkbs

@VerbalJesse

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar