How Can I Get Around Geo-blocking? The Artful Dodger Geo -

6:26 PM
How Can I Get Around Geo-blocking? The Artful Dodger Geo - -

If you've never vacationed further from home than L.A. or New York, you probably have never experienced before geo-blocking. However, if you are like me and are traveling everywhere (or worse: you are in Canada) you were met by a screen that looks like the image after the break at one time:

geo-blocking at it's worst

this is what happens when I, in my secret place, tried to watch the Colbert Report on the site for the show. What was weird and frustrating for a number of reasons. For me, I went to his studio and watched a taping (#humblebrag), and for another country I'm playing the show on TV! I can watch TV, but not on my computer

Two other most common are:

Screen shot 2014-03-19 at 10.03.38 AM.png Screen shot 2014-03-19 at 10.05.47 AM.png

This is called geo-blocking , or geo-gating. Moving this is known as geo-dodging . Those of us in English speaking countries who want to watch American shows online know it all, so what can you do about it?

How can I get around Geo-Blocking?

move geo-blocking is something that is desired by my fellow citizens for years, Australians have sought a solution just as intensely. Indeed, geo-blocking prevents them from watching all their favorite American shows, and many websites. You will find the geo-restricted content on

  • YouTube
  • Hulu
  • NetFlix

Even my favorite football team (Vancouver Whitecaps FC) has geo-restrictions on who can watch them online in some cases - and I work for these guys! So what is an ex-pat, or American on vacation, do?

A solution that more and more people are looking for her The geo-dodging technology VPN capabilities is . We talked about how VPNs increase security on this blog before, but this is another great bonus to this type of service.

How VPN move geoblocking?

First, a website knows where you are through your IP address. Every website looks and records data when you visit. Visit our own IP address localization tool for evidence - websites know almost exactly where you are

A VPN allows you to bypass geo-blocking by assigning you a new IP address. The sites you visit will read this new IP address and think you are, say, the city of New York, when you are actually in Cape Town, South Africa.

This unlocks geo-blocked material and can watch Netflix account you paid for while you're on vacation, use Facebook, Google, YouTube or one of the other many sites blocked in China as well as blocked sites in the UK. You need to look our best VPN for geo-drain now to work around this problem!

A VPN frees you of Internet geo-blocking

One of my 'angriest a time machine "was when I went to sign up for a service, legally, that me would watch my beloved Vancouver Whitecaps FC on a trip. I went to the login page, entered my information, hit 'Register' and they said,

geo-blocked by MLS live - no whitecaps for me

" People who do not need this service, because it is already on television there! You incompetent f # <%! ^ & Tool! "I shouted. Maybe I left an angry message on their service urging them to work on a solution for the ex-pats, because I can just keep looking EPL and La Liga.

But then I settled connected from a VPN and now I can look at my team when I want, where I want.

So not only does a VPN service provider give you added online security , give you the freedom of observation, but it also gives you the ability to access things that have been blocked because of stupid streaming laws that could be resolved easily -. if the sites in question were in fact a whore


Feature credit picture to Nicloas Raymond.

1. As

Leave a comment. Cancel

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar