Migration Made Easy!

12:55 PM
Migration Made Easy! -

Still Hesitating on Migrating? I can help you!

With the release of XenDesktop 7 and the inclusion of the Windows Server operating system (RDS), the upgrade of IMA FMA was complicated. This was mainly due to the large change in the underlying architecture. Many administrators migrate deter their XA6.5 farms to the new FMA architecture or they decided to build from scratch.

In my forthcoming TechEdge Presentation "Successfully your farm to XenApp 7.6 Migration", which I will be showing you how to make this process seamless and painless. I will introduce the new migration tools and check best practices and insights that will help you migrate your 7.6 XenApp 6.5 XenApp farm successfully

Some of the things I'll cover include, but are not limited to .: PowerShell tips, migration scripts, advanced filters and advanced switches and how they are used when your new XenApp 7.6 location planning. I will also introduce a new amazing ......... I do not want to spoil it by even share a little hint the surprise, but I promise you will not miss my session. Join me! and let me help, easy to make migration

TEASER .:

The following is an example of the import filter -MatchWorkerGroup. The migration script switch / filter -MatchWorkerGroup will find allocated to the specified Worker Group each application and assign it to a delivery group in the new location. Coupled with the -DeliveryGroupName, you can create the delivery group during the import process in a single step.

In my example, the "TEST Adobe Dreamweaver CC" published application was assigned to the "Adobe" Worker Group.

running the following command is the import script meet all Apps on the "Adobe" Worker Group tasked with -MatchWorkerGroup switch. There is then a delivery group named "Adobe" create a one-to-one match.

Import XAFarm -XmlInputFile xafarm.xml -logfile importxaf.log -MatchWorkerGroup "Adobe" -DeliveryGroupName "Adobe"

After importing, updating the Citrix Studio on the new XA7.6 site shows the new "Adobe" delivery group contains an application.

choosing the Applications tab shows that "TEST Adobe Dreamweaver CC" is available. Note that the folder structure is retained AppCenter.

Please join me at Citrix Synergy 2015 and the TechEdge event on Monday, May 11, to learn more techniques at 08.00 to your XenApp 6.5 -Farm XenApp 7.6.

Citrix Synergy 2015

to plan and migrate
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar