Faster, more secure access to business files on the go

3:22 PM
Faster, more secure access to business files on the go -

Announcement any new updates to ShareFile for iPhone and iPad!

We hope you have had the opportunity to see the ShareFile for iPhone and iPad applications - available for download on the Apple App Store. Today we are pleased to announce new features in both applications that meet two major needs of customers: 1) security and 2) access. These features include:

  • Passcode support with local encryption - The ShareFile apps now allow the user to select a PIN to assign a score to ShareFile. This provides an easier way to access your account without having to type your password every time
  • Jailbreak detection -. This feature allows administrators to block accounts of account access from devices that are detected to be jailbroken
  • support StorageZone Connectors -. StorageZone connectors allow you to connect existing file shares to ShareFile and access data remotely on your iOS device. Customers have shared they want easy access to their data wherever it is stored in their organization. We built StorageZone Connectors with that in mind, allowing users to view the data stored beyond ShareFile.

Each of these updates enhances the experience of mobile sharing files easier and safer to access your data wherever you are. For daily use, my favorite is the password with the local support encryption.

When I use my iPad, I do not want to bother with setting up a device password for normal use, but I still want to protect my data Sharefile anyone who might take the ring. On the other hand, I do not want to type in my (fairly long) password every time I launch the application. With this update, I can set a PIN code 4 digits just for my ShareFile account. Hence the local encryption comes in? ShareFile always flags data for device encryption, but iOS will only allow that when you have a password set on the device. When you activate the PIN ShareFile we will encrypt your data using 256-bit AES encryption, even if the protection is not enabled iOS.

If you are an administrator, you can force these policies for ShareFile account under "Configure device security."

Give these new versions a try and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy the new features!

Peter Schulz
ShareFile Product Management

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar