XenMobile lessons learned on the field

8:02 PM
XenMobile lessons learned on the field -

I'm really excited about it - I work with CloudGateway (our MAM solution) since its inception and I was delighted when we Zenprise closed the acquisition just after the new year, providing us with MDM capabilities. And I was very fortunate to be involved in some of our first major consulting projects involving XenMobile MDM and Mobile Solutions Bundle (MSB). And as most commitments, our project teams have encountered a number of unexpected things and learned a ton of new things along the way. So rather than hold on all these chips in-house, I thought it would be better to share with the Community. Because I have no doubt that the knowledge of these 10 things would really be useful before deployment or fighting against a XenMobile project or MSB. I would definitely have more hair.

Since some of the lessons learned would require a lengthy explanation, I did not try to write a super long article with all the content here. So, similar to what I did for my XenServer section RSC, I will provide a presentation detailing the lessons learned Top 10. Here's a quick overview of the Top 10:

10. XenMobile MDM vs mobile solutions Bundle

9. More and Certs Certs

8. High availability

7. AppController multiclient

6. XDM Clustering

5. Prep App Tool App Packaging and @Work

4. NetScaler is your friend

3. Exchange ActiveSync vs Web Services

2. APNS and Port 8443

1. Bandwidth & Extension

So what do you expect?!? See the presentation below and send me a note / comment if you have any comments or questions. I would also love to hear about other lessons learned if you are an XM or MSB project, too. I will probably revisit this article in a year and update the list of Top 10 (including some news from the comments section I'm sure), which will be fun.

Thank you as always for reading. I hope this helps you in your travels.

-Nick

Nick Rintalan, Senior Architect, Citrix Consulting

XenMobile Citrix and mobile solutions Bundle: lessons learned field of Citrix

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar