Arriving in Anaheim Citrix Synergy!

6:49 PM
Arriving in Anaheim Citrix Synergy! -

Hello

after a very successful SAPPHIRE in Orlando last week (for those of you who do not know me yet, I run the alliance with SAP to Citrix) and a short weekend at home yesterday, I took from San Jose to Los Angeles today with many other Citrix, customers and partners for colleagues here for Citrix and Citrix Summit Synergy this week. Two exciting events in a row organized by my two most favorite companies, Citrix and SAP.

At SAPPHIRE last week I had a meeting with a common customer who is about to implement XenDesktop, including virtualization and provisioning of SAP components like front -end SAPGUI etc. . during the conversation, the client asked me if using XenDesktop while on a plane in the air actually work, and if so how the performance will be. I promised to do a real test soon and share the results with him

So while the flight with Virgin America VX236 SJC at LAX today I made this short performance test :.

  • Wait until the "Turn off all electronic devices of light exploded (very important, you do not want to have trouble with the crew)
  • Last on my MacBook Air (starting time approx. 8-9 seconds, nothing beats MacOS and SSD)
  • start iPass Open Mobile to connect to the Internet (Citrix has a business account with iPass very handy)
  • Internet connection, the connection has been established in about 15 seconds.
  • Launching Citrix Receiver and connect to my virtual office in our corporate network (actually running in a San Jose data center)
  • measuring the latency HDX monitor and performance testing
this is a screenshot of this configuration from today at 15h38 PDT, approx. 20 minutes before landing at LAX

As you can see in the tweet I wrote at the time latency was 51 ms. Not bad at all to be at 35,000 feet. The user experience was as good as when you are sitting in my office at home or elsewhere. (The only problem was the passenger in front of me always moving back and forth with his back seat, difficult to type on such a goal / keyboard movement :-)). SAP Enterprise Portal or SAPGUI worked without any problems up there (Citrix is ​​a SAP customer, not just a partner).

If you, as the customer I spoke to last week SAPPHIRE, work or intend to work with our products in an SAP environment, I can just tell you that it will work like a charm, even on a plane in the clouds over California.

that's it for today. I hope to meet many of you this week at Citrix Synergy. See you.

Sincerely,

Roland

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar