Upgrade from XenApp 6.5 to XenApp 7.6-A Beginner Experience

11:54 AM
Upgrade from XenApp 6.5 to XenApp 7.6-A Beginner Experience -

As a freshman at Citrix, I was excited about trying out the various applications and tools that had developed my team.

The CLM team member, I had the opportunity to test XenApp 6.5 to XenApp 7.6 upgrade procedure. The engineering team came forward to help me to understand the processes that made the upgrade. I also had the owner's manual that was written recently.

So, here we go! , My first experience of XenApp 6.5 to XenApp 7.6 Upgrade

to update the URL: https://workspace.cloud.com/. Now, to manage the lifecycle management, I clicked on the manage button at the bottom of the page. Or you could click on the horizontal bar in the top left, then click LifeCycle Management . to see the list of an advertisement on the mouse-hover would have been a better experience, in my opinion.

There are similar cases in the method in which hovering the mouse significantly the number of clicks would reduce.

1

I could see loaded for about 10+ seconds the new page. The lifecycle management page appeared. I clicked on the Upgrade tab and then the Project Upgrade Link. The project page appeared.

2

It would have been better if the cursor on the name field was by default. I learned from the user doc that name and Upgrade Type were mandatory, but Description was optional. Either we were the "optional" text next to description or an asterisk for name and Type Upgrade . After selecting XenApp 6.5 to XenApp 7.6, I clicked In .

I "choose for an option you would like to to update" on landing page. I saw two ways. Fully automatic (selected by default) and Partial automated . If you want, you can read the three-step lesson on fully automatic update. Then I clicked the Next key.

3

Here I am on the XenApp 7.6 Deployment Detail page.

I chose the Connect an existing deployment outside Lifecycle Management created option. There are two choices here be made. For the first All existing machines is enabled by default. And I now S elect XenApp Controller clicked . The XenApp Controller Details page appeared. I purposely scrolled the drop-down list to reach down can not see controller server? . The download was done perfectly and I put it in the controller server and update the list. My 7.6 controller is now listed. I provided to the user name and password, and clicked Save . In a few seconds, the system took the delivery groups from the XenApp 7.6 machine.

4

Then I moved to XenApp 6.5 farm details. Just like XenApp 7.6, All existing machines was selected for XenApp 6.5 environment, and I went ahead and XenApp controllers selected. After I selected the controller and stored, he returned immediately after the third step (Analyzing).

5

When I wonder what this analysis all over, in the development of my friend was team told me that if I started analyzing XenApp Farm , a plan was on the XenApp 6.5 machine and collected to the information about all the applications and guidelines in the 6.5 machine. It then creates an XML file and all the data stored therein. This XML is stored in the S3 storage. Then, the number of applications and guidelines that have been analyzed are listed.

6

clicked I Next select from the analyzed applications and policies. Then I clicked go to Migration .

7

on the side migrate Go to you, I saw a standard batch name already provided by the system. You can change it if you want. And you can either use the existing delivery groups or create a new one. I left the default name as it is. Then I clicked the Migrate key.

8

The migration happened and my upgrade from XenApp 6.5 to XenApp 7.6 is now complete. I learned that this is a seamless upgrade process of IMA architecture (6.5) on FMA architecture (7.6). The upgrade function exported intelligent my existing farm policies and settings and import them seamlessly into my new XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 site.

During migration, lifecycle management a delivery group in Site XenApp 7.6 creates and imports the selected application and policy settings XenApp 6.x

to verify the migration, I launched the Citrix Studio and connected on the website. In the left pane, click I delivery groups . In the upper central region the Delivery Group tab displays the new delivery group. In the lower central region the Applications tab displays the migrated applications in the new delivery group.

In addition to viewing the migrated applications and policies, I went to Store Web URL receiver and opened it in a browser. And here we go ...

The applications and guidelines that I have migrated now in Citrix Receiver!

9

total number of clicks for the entire upgrade:

taken about 21

time for the automatic update existing deployment outside Lifecycle Management (an application created with and a policy .): about 8 minutes

the whole experience of migration was very easy and quick. Some user experience improvements would raise the migration experience to a higher level.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar