8 reasons to use XenClient Enterprise

12:32 PM
8 reasons to use XenClient Enterprise -

The PC is dead. The Internet is everywhere. Mobility is king. You can not do any work without a tablet. These are all the things bloggers tell us.

While they are busy touting the death of the PC, tablets become less keyboard laptops, PC specifications continue to improve and client-side virtualization is rapidly growing. Every year, I ordered several PCs with the previous year.

I still many places where the Internet is so slow that I would like to have remote access if I am lucky enough to even connect.

Many of my end users are chained to a desk, my customers need there, insist they are there, and their screen size and the number of open windows is increasing for prove

Let's face .; physical assets are here to stay. What is the best way to work with them

Two words :? XenClient Enterprise.

After deployment of 1800 PC now XenClient, and still manage a few thousand ordinary PC; I have some experience in determining where XenClient is designed to meet the needs of a business. With that here are 8 reasons to give business XenClient a look:

  1. Systems Management Although tools such as SCCM, Altiris, KACE, etc. allow the distribution of applications and scripts, XenClient takes a step further by allowing you to physically install the software image and only distributes these changes to each machine. The power of this is incredible. With machines that I manage has not been switched to shared XenClient images, I have regularly recondition, rewrite and cajole software that was not designed for a company to distribute. XenClient with shared images, I just install the necessary software on the specific image, deploy a test group and then send it everywhere.
  2. Built in encryption You do not need to buy other software to manage encryption on your machines. I check a box, and my machines have full disk encryption and I handle them the same way I manage my images. My end users do not even notice that it was done.
  3. Lock specific USB devices Preventing data leaks via USB devices can be difficult. With most tools, when you try to prevent the USB device and access it hurts, you still may have encrypted your end users phone, or worse off their keyboard. I empêchais all types of USB devices on specific images through simple checkboxes. This gives me the control to have safety zones at several levels to my PC.
  4. / no areas of low bandwidth Sometimes the Internet is simply not fast enough, if you are lucky enough to get a signal. Run things locally is not bad, it is a necessity.
  5. Run multiple operating systems and versions on the same machine at the same time
    When migrating the operating system, there is always a distinct or two throbbing applications that prevent a seamless upgrade. How would you feel if you could slowly move the machine from one OS to the other?
  6. Turn a PC thin client (For Free) *
    From the VDI path? Know that you have many computers you will not receive the budget to replace? You want to run XenDesktop in parallel with a local operating system? Like to no extra cost? XenClient can do for you. * XenClient Enterprise included in your business and XenDesktop Platinum licenses, making it, in free stuff, if you are already using these great products.
  7. Kiosks / Labs A quick reboot and everything is back to factory specifications - no matter what the user may have made. With a single shared image, the fully functional booth of your dreams awaits you.
  8. An image regardless of the hardware When dealing with physical computers, any change of material can be dramatic. The belief is always the drivers and the software will work with the new equipment, or I'll add it to my driver repository and it will work. Maybe just me, but the machines I have not yet cut into XenClient Enterprise, it usually means recreate the entire image.

How can I learn more?

for those going Citrix Synergy, attend my session escape "SYN329: How Life Time Fitness desktops shaped through 100+ locations with XenClient" at 9 am Friday, May 24 e . or, feel free to contact me via twitter @KraigStew, or contact your local Citrix representative.

Kraig Stewardson is the computer desktop manager for Time Life, the Healthy Way of the Company's life. with over 15 years of experience, he has extensive experience in all things iT. currently, Kraig focuses on the end user of the technology. Recently, designed and led the implementation of 1800 Citrix XenClient machines, hosting 3,0 virtual machines. This allows users to better serve their customers while remaining compliant with PCI requirements. Follow him on Twitter @KraigStew.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar